Monday, September 04, 2006

Yawn

I am mega-sleepy.

Saturday was quite a good day. We stopped in at the local Up and Running, where they had a sale on - I picked up a nice pair of Concurve thermal trousers and matching top for £20 each - which was almost exactly half price. I don't need them yet, but it's not like winter isn't going to come, after all.

I also got what seemed like a nice Odlo top for £10 and a traded in teeshirt (part of an Up and Running promotion), which seemed like a bargain at the time.

Lunch was a meal from Burger King - we had a buy one get one free voucher, and with Friday's big run and Sunday's coming run I figured 'what the heck'.

Big mistake, as it turned out. The cold windy, slightly wet weather on Saturday night gave me a chance to try my new Concurve gear - (I wasn't meant to be running but I felt like just a little easy jaunt) I managed five miles before feeling rather sick from lunch and getting dreadful stomach cramps; I had to telephone the other half to get a lift home.

Sunday wasn't much better. It was hot (25 degrees), and I used it as a chance to try out my new Oldo top. But the top was about as wicking as a bin liner, and I felt ill from the off, only managing 7 miles (as opposed to 13.1) before having to call it quits and go home.

Bit rubbish on the running front all round, really. And Grunty Fen is getting closer.

Tonight I really am taking a day off. No, honestly I am. Not even a 3.5 miler. Hopefully I'll be all better on Tuesday. But that's the last time I'm touching a BK for quite some time!

1 comment:

Laurel said...

You know, I work for an ad agency in Miami and I regularly design those BK Buy One Get One Free coupons so in some way, I feel partially responsible for your stomach problems.