Saturday, September 02, 2006

No turning back now!

So, I have done it. I have registered for the Paris Marathon, paid the money and got my bib number. I'm excited and nervous but its a long time till April, and as it says up there, there are other runs to do first.

The other half is in too, and we've both gone for 3hrs 45mins bibs. Which seemed like a good idea yesterday morning, when we signed up...our predicted marathon time based on our running now consistantly comes out around 3.48 - so a bit more hard work and we could do it, I reckoned.

But last night's 10 mile run was a bit of a disaster. The other half has some new trainers, and although they're the same as his old ones, he left it a bit too late to buy new ones, meaning that he hurt his legs - and they're still hurting now. So he was running slow, and around mile eight my knee started to hurt, so I slowed up, and we ended up with an 8.24 min / mile pace. Thats rather slow for us. It's a kicker too because I thought we were doing a little better than that.

Oh well. Hopefully we'll be a bit faster on Sunday's run. There's no run today because the car's off to the garage, there's shopping to do and my brother's coming to visit for the afternoon, so there's no time.

But maybe I can just fit in a little 5 mile run. I did 33 miles last week, and I've done 30 this week - and a little voice in my head keeps urging me on to better that number...

No comments: