Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Not long to go now

I really did manage to rest and not run on Monday, so yesterday (Tuesday) was interesting.

I'd assumed that I would speed round and feel great, having had a day off, but instead I had a bit of a problem getting my head in 'the zone'. I don't have a cold but over the last few days I've found that when I run my ears feel all weird, like I'm on a plane, and I can hear my breathing in my head. Its an icky feeling, but I've had it before when I've had a cold, so I'm wondering if maybe I have a little infection going on, or perhaps a touch of hayfever (I work in an office, so theres lots of coughing, sneezing, germ-ridden co-workers - and air conditioning - all waiting to attack my poor immune system).

We did the usual 6.6 miler in 52 minutes. The other half took the lead for a lot of it - he was in fine form and set quite a fast pace. It was warm, too, around 23 degrees. I have a lovely pair of Nike shorts, but they are loose round my thighs which means that when I run they bunch up and chafe; perhaps a little bit of a design flaw there! My tight lycra ones come a nice distance down my leg, but look horrible. Yeah, I know what I look like shouldn't matter, but I can't help it!

I have seen a nice pair of Salomon XA shorts which have a tight thigh length inner liner, covered by a baggier outer shell. Sounds ideal but I'm not sure how much summer there is left, and perhaps I'd be better with another pair of running tights. Decisions, decisions (both isn't an option after the new trainers this month).

An alleged ten mile run tonight, heres hoping it goes okay and my head doesn't explode!

No comments: