Monday, August 28, 2006

Looking forward

I didn't run today. Last night the other half and I got completely smashed on cheap cider and expensive vodka, and so running, even just the five mile one scheduled, wasn't happening. But a rest is probably a good thing, and I'll be running again tomorrow, so I'm okay with it.

Yesterday's 13.1 run, and the fact that I've made a deliberate decision not to fret about times and just do the best I can, has really cheered me up. This time in two weeks, I'll have run Grunty Fen, and I find myself looking ahead. There are so many cool races out there!

So far I'm considering signing up for the St Neots Half and the Bedford Half (both later on in the year), and of course, there is the Paris Marathon in April, and I'd like to do the Midnight Sun Marathon in June 2007, and maybe Dublin in October 2007. That would be three marathons in 2007 - thats probably enough (and I don't know if the wallet could take more, even if the legs could!).

I do have my eyes on the Goofy Challenge in 2008 though. Well, hey, you've gotta have long term goals too, right?

1 comment:

Laurel said...

Sounds like you have a busy year ahead of you!